If you are a trader, you should seriously consider . I do not teach you anything. If you came across this article, it is because you are already convinced of it. You have the answer to “Why”. With 500 million daily active users, Instagram has become a leading sales channel. Putting the image in the spotlight is more than any other social network suitable for eCommerce sales. But now you are looking for the answer to the “How”. How to sell products on Instagram concretely? We will explain it to you step by step.
Do you want to develop your eCommerce activity by investing in this essential channel? Do you want to develop your turnover by developing your sales on Instagram? Do you want to seize the multiple opportunities offered by this social network? So, read this guide carefully. It explains everything you need to do, step by step.
# 1 Choose a profitable product or niche
Instagram is a social media platform that emphasizes all things visual. According to the social network, people come to the platform to be inspired and to find things that are important to them. It will therefore be easier to sell products on Instagram that have a strong visual or aesthetic appeal.
Some popular digital product ideas:
- Graphic design
The trend of physical product ideas:
- Clothing (t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats)
- Accessories and DYI (stickers, phone cases, jewelry)
- Beauty products (makeup)
- Home and decor items (wall art, mugs)
- Outdoor and sporting goods (joggers, hoodies, bags, leg warmers)
Other business ideas on Instagram:
- Services and support
- Online courses and workshops
- Instagram influence (beauty, diet, health & fitness, travel, art, photography)
Do you already have a product or a niche? Perfect! Don’t worry if it doesn’t match any of the ideas mentioned above. If you have a strong passion for what you are selling, you will be fine.
The more specific your niche, the easier it will be to build your audience and sell your product. So instead of thinking “Toys”, think “Soft toys for cats”. But most importantly, keep creating compelling content and a compelling story to get subscribers to buy your product.
# 2 Create an Instagram business account
If you already have a personal Instagram account with branded content and an established following, you might just want to convert it to a business account. This gives you access to all of the business features but makes the transition seamless for your existing subscribers. You can also choose to create a brand new business account. This is the right choice if you don’t have an existing personal account or if your personal account does not faithfully represent your business.
How to create a professional Instagram account
- Download the Instagram app for iOS, Android, or Windows
- Open the app and tap Sign up
- Enter your email address and tap Next. If you want to connect your Instagram business account to your Facebook business page, make sure to use an admin email address to sign up or tap Sign in with
- Choose your username and password and fill in your profile information
- Tap Done.
You now have a personal Instagram account ready to be converted into a business account.
How to convert a personal Instagram account to a business account
- Log into your personal Instagram account
- Tap the profile icon to access your profile
- Tap the three-line icon at the top right of the screen, then tap Settings
- Tap Switch to work profile, then tap Continue
- Add contact information: Your Instagram for a business account should include an email, phone number, or physical address (or all of these)
- Tap Done.
# 3 create engaging content
With nearly a billion people worldwide browsing Instagram’s countless content, how do you get them to notice your product? The key to getting noticed is consistency and quality of content. Quality content builds the identity and professional image of your brand. The more consistently your content stands out, the more likely you are to build a loyal following that will bring you sales.
Here are some tips to increase Instagram engagement:
- Choose a separate theme or charter: This can range from a color theme (using presets or filters) to a specific typeface or branded voice in your content. There are many photo editing software that can help you in this area. Even Instagram said users should decide on a consistent look for their accounts.
- Create quality photos and videos: Avoid grainy images or shaky videos. Your profile content and photo should be visually appealing to reflect your brand’s core message. Consider showing more action (eg someone using your product). Freebies or videos will make your profile more dynamic.
- Enhance your content with creative tools: Use apps like Layout, Boomerang, or Hyperlapse. You can also use the carousel feature to add multiple photos or videos in an ad without having to make separate posts. If you browse the App Store, you may find other apps to enhance your content.
- Offer tutorials, quizzes and surveys: Liven up your content with something fun and creative. For example, you can post products in your Instagram Stories and ask people to tag you when they use your products, this is a great way to increase engagement.
- Write compelling captions and stay in touch with your followers: Answer their questions, respond to their comments, and address their requests. You will build a strong relationship when you interact with your customers as they are more likely to come back for repeat purchases.
Create posts about your products on a regular basis, such as a certain day of the week, so your community members get into the habit of checking your products regularly.
You should know that 79% of Instagram users who see a product on Instagram will seek more information about it. You can increase the chances of making a sale if you keep this practical information about your product close at hand! The stories Instagram and publishing legends are a great starting point.
Here are some ways you can use them to educate your followers about your products:
- Repost User Generated Content: Like product reviews, images with your product, and content that your previous customers have posted.
- Include a link to your product in the Bio: There is only one place you can add a clickable external link, the URL section in your Instagram profile bio.
- Post a picture-by-picture explanation of the main benefits: Introducing the product, explaining the key ingredients, its use, and how it works.
- Having a good caption is just as important as having a good image when selling on Instagram: Plus, you have enough space to highlight important product information.
Take your community behind the scenes using Instagram Stories to see the hard work that goes into making your products. Stories can disappear after 24 hours, but you can highlight specific stories that feature certain products on your profile.
Here’s how to add links on Instagram Stories:
- Take a photo or video in the Instagram Stories window, or use a photo from your camera roll.
- Click the channel icon to add a link to your story (it’s located in the upper right corner of the screen).
- Enter the URL and tap the checkmark when you’re done.
Once you’ve published your stories with links, don’t forget to:
- Let your customers know: Write your followers on the story so they know what they’re clicking on.
- Encourage your followers: The “See more” button is not so visible. So add arrows, stickers or text boxes to make sure people can see the link.
# 6 making the most of Instagram advertising
If you’re struggling to get more traffic, now is the time to advertise on Instagram. Creating an Instagram ad campaign means you will be posting sponsored content on the platform in order to reach a larger and more targeted audience.
Two of the easiest ways to create Instagram ads are:
- Tap “Promote” under posts on your Instagram profile.
- Use the ad manager on your Facebook page.
You can decide:
- How much do you want to spend on your ad
- Where you want the ad to be displayed
- How long you want her to stay online on the platform, start
You should choose a specific goal for your campaign, for example: to increase brand awareness to get people to notice your brand, or to reach as many people as possible on Instagram. Pick a goal that will help you reach your business goal. Before you start creating ads, don’t forget to do some market research. Explore your competition to see what type of advertising they are running. This will help you choose the right format to stand out.
# 7 Use Instagram Shopping
A relatively new feature, Instagram Shopping, gives businesses an immersive storefront for labeling products directly in posts. This gives your customers access to prices and product details. It is now an important lever for selling on Instagram.
Here’s why Instagram Shopping is great for your store:
- Customers can explore your products in one go, start selling on instagram
- Your posts can be shared on Explore and reach new people
- You can label up to 5 products per image or 20 products per carousel
- Customers can press “Buy Now” to visit your website and complete their purchase
- Consult the “Insights” tab to see your performance
An impressive 87% of users said they took action after seeing information about the products or services on Instagram. It’s amazing, isn’t it? To have these results, we must help users take the necessary measures, now start
When they have finished reading your caption, do they know what to do next? Make your life easier by adding a quick CTA! Here are some examples of simple and effective CTAs:
- “Click on the link in our biography”
- “See our article on Instagram for more details”
- “Swipe up”
- “Leave a comment below”
- “Double-tap if you agree!” “
You can use a CTA to get more engagement or direct your users to where they can find more information or buy the product. Usually, this is your website and product pages!
# 9 appeal to influencers
Influencer marketing has been on the rise for some time, but it’s especially important for Instagram, it’s an effective way to promote your products. Because putting your product in the hands of an influencer gives it credibility with a large and entirely new audience.
There is currently a plethora of influencers on Instagram who have grown up using the app and know how to leverage it to gain and retain a loyal following. There are thousands of celebrities on the app, and for a very reasonable price;
This means that if you only wanted to spend $ 100 on an influencer campaign, you could afford to have an influencer with around 10k followers. These are 10,000 people who did not know your product before. And then again, since you’re paying for credibility and reach, this strategy may be more effective than, say, spending $ 100 on an Instagram ad campaign that reaches 10,000 people.
Don’t be fooled by the idea that it takes a lot of money to be successful when you want to sell on Instagram. Setting up an account to sell on Instagram is a straightforward process, especially if you’ve already had a lot of followers. In that case, all you need to do is get in touch with your audience. So what are you waiting for? Convert your profile today and turn those followers into customers!